Saturday, August 8, 2009

The way to your Canaan.

"Sometimes, the only way to your Canaan is through your desert. When you dodge your desert, you dodge your Canaan."That unlocked something inside me. It suddenly made the wilderness I was going through feel very cool. It helped me set my sight back to the good things I know are to come and because of my faith that they shall certainly come, felt renewed strength to trudge on no matter what.Which is what I want to share with you today. I know you have dreams and prophecies upon your life – your own version of Canaan like the Israelites leaving Egypt in the book of Exodus.And I hope you know that God has processes too; He does get you somewhere, but through levels and not all those levels are always pleasant. There will be parts of the wilderness that have no water, no company and you will be faced with two choices. To bypass the wilderness or to struggle through it. When you bypass the wilderness, yes, you may get a smoother ride to an end, but chances are it will not be the end God prepared for you. It will not be part of the plans He talks about in Jeremiah 29:11.

The bible says "Those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south. Some wandered in desert wastelands, finding no way to a city where they could settle. They were hungry and thirsty, and their lives ebbed away. Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He led them by a straight way to a city where they could settle. psalms147:3 When the children of Israel came to the Red Sea, it was all part of the journey, because Canaan still lay on the other side of the sea. They contemplated turning back, but it is God who paved a way through the sea and they got to the other side.

If God brings you to it, trust Him to bring you through it. Don't look for shortcuts out of the desert, because even the Bible says in Proverbs that "sometimes the way that seems right may only lead to disaster" No one but God understands what you are going through, but I love to think that if He let me be led down a turbulent path, then He trusted my capacity to weather the storm. The Bible says God will not let us handle more temptation than we can bear. Just focus on two things: God and your Canaan. No retreat, no surrender!

No comments:

Post a Comment